Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Invigorating Coffee Scrub


Did you know that many face washes contain alcohols that actually dry out your skin, causing further irritation? 
(I found this site with helpful hints on good and bad alcohol in skin care products)

I have been blessed with fairly low maintenance skin. As a teen I used face washes (because it was the thing to do), but now, I generally just use warm water and a face cloth. Occasionally I feel the need to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. Recently I was on the hunt for a scrub for my body and face. I discovered this website and the below recipe. 





Invigorating Coffee Scrub
Brew a fresh pot of coffee. 

Use 3 tablespoons of the fresh grounds and 1 tablespoon of salt and mix in a bowl.
Gently scrub mixture over body within 20 minutes of brewing before oxidation occurs.
(I personally keep a jar of this mixture in my shower. The grounds are not always "fresh" but I still get the exfoliation and the Vitamin E action.)

Coffee contains Magnesium and Vitamin E. It also acts as an antibacterial, exfoliating and stimulating agent.






For my face moisturizer and body lotion, I use coconut oil. Because my skin is on the dryer side, I can use it on a daily basis. If you have oily skin, this may not work for you. I also use coconut oil as a makeup remover! Put it around your eyes and gently remove makeup with a cotton ball. You get makeup remover and moisturizer in one! 



Have you discovered any helpful hints on skincare? Do you possibly disagree with the article on alcohol and skincare? I would love to hear feedback!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment