Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day and the NEXT STEP in our moving process


My parents are staying with us right now on their visit from Texas. Which means I got to spend Father's day with my dad! I am extremely blessed to have a God honoring man for a father. We may not always see eye to eye, but I am and always will be a Daddy's girl. 





Our house has been on the market as of the 1st of May. We listed it on some housing websites, craigslist, etc. But yesterday, the official for sale sign went up. I'm not sure whether to dance around in excitement or cry. I am beyond excited to move, but at times I sort of freak out and want to stay in my comfortable little hole. 



People keep telling me when you don't know what's next, it's a good time to trust in God and let him lead you. That is WAY easier said than done for me! Yesterday's message at church was exactly what I needed to hear . . . Pastor Josh talked about how our plans are second best to God's. And not like silver medal second best. Like worlds a part second best. If we allow God to direct us, his plans for our life far exceed anything we could ever possibly come up with for ourselves. Why is it so hard for us to release our agenda and let God lead us? As Babe and I move ahead with plans, we take a step at a time, a day at a time. 

Ultimately we want His plans for our lives, even if they seem big and scary. 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment