Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In the New Year . . .

I love the beginning of a new year. There's something fresh, new and exciting about it. I'm not really one to make "resolutions". Instead, I like to write out goals. I have to admit that last year, not many of my goals were accomplished . . . But I feel like last year things were set in motion to make some of those goals happen this new year. 

My word for 2012 is TRANSITION.

tran·si·tion

  [tran-zish-uhn, -sish-]  Show IPA
noun
1.
movement, passage, or change from one position, state,stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change:


I am excited and a bit nervous for this new year. I feel there will be a lot of transition and changes taking place, but the end result of those changes will be above and beyond what we can imagine. Durrell and I want more of God and have come to the conclusion we will do whatever (and go wherever) it takes to get more of Him and His presence. One of my personal goals this year is to reach out to others more and love unconditionally. That sounds easy enough, right? For me, it is quite difficult. Not really the loving unconditionally part so much as the reaching out part! I love people, and yet, I love my personal time. I'm good at saying hello and being friendly, but when it comes down to giving up MY time to invest in someone else's life, that is difficult for me. I will work on this! :)

And so begins a new year. Let the good times roll :)




No comments:

Post a Comment