Tuesday, January 31, 2012

planning . . .

"Sometimes the best surprises in life are the unplanned ones". 


I am a planner. I like to know who, what, when and where. I also love surprises. But so many times I ruin surprises by trying to figure everything out. I like to be in control, but I'm learning in this season of life that sometimes there are things beyond our control - and that's where trusting in God is HUGE. 


I guess the cat is mostly out of the bag anyway so I'll just free it completely . . . Durrell and I are putting our house on the market sometime this spring. We are taking steps towards moving to Texas. M O V I N G!!! Oh wow. We are excited! So excited. And yes, a little nervous at the unknown (again, the planner in me!). But we are walking in trust. Though our exact steps may be a little foggy now, we are just putting one foot in front of the other and launching into this new season.


The above quote was said to me by a co-worker when I was telling her about Texas. I mentioned to her how I like to know what's next. Her words have stuck with me and re-assured me that even though I may not know exactly what's next, God does. And I think we're going to be very surprised at what is to come! Can't wait to see what's next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment