Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Vegetable Bean Soup


As the weeks go by, Baby girl has begun enjoying being in her swing in the kitchen while I cook or bake. I am so thankful for this, because time in the kitchen for me is medicine for my soul. Here is a recipe my mother in law gave to me. I made it yesterday for dinner along with Tuna Melts.



Vegetable Bean Soup
6 ounces bacon, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 zucchini, diced
1 garlic clove, finely diced
1 (14oz) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
2 (15oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
coarsely ground black pepper
6 cups fresh spinach, chopped

- Place bacon in large saucepan over medium heat - cook 5 minutes until crisp.
- Add onion, celery and carrot - cook for 5 minutes
- Add zucchini and garlic - cook for 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir in spinach

Serve with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Makes 10 cups and serves 6

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment