Monday, September 24, 2012

Apple Turkey Sausage


My dad is an amazing cook. He is known in our family and circle of friends for his ability to throw random ingredients together and make it taste delicious. Growing up, no matter what time of the day I brought friends over, he almost always whipped something up in the kitchen for my guests. And now, as his married adult daughter, he still cooks for me when he visits! :) I think my favorite memories of my dad are in the kitchen. 


Last time my parents visited, my dad made these amazing sausage patties. Normally, he doesn't follow a recipe, but for once he did so now I can make them to!! 

Savory Apple Turkey Sausage

Savory Apple-Chicken Sausage Recipe


Ingredients

  • 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
  • 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 pound ground turkey (or chicken)

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the apple, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3-in. patties.
  • In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Yield: 8 patties.


2 comments:

  1. I think you changed your background!! :)

    I think it is so awesome that you are pursuing your passion in this way! It was fun to see you at the wedding in your prime :) you rock the coordinator role girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia!
      I did change the back round - I love all things FALL:)

      Thanks for the encouragement. It FEELS wonderful to pursue something I enjoy and am passionate about! :)

      Delete