Tuesday, May 31, 2011

growing up?

Yesterday my Love said goodbye to one of his most prized possessions. His motorcycle. His bike was a huge part of who he is. Daring and fun, a need for adventure. It was one of those "grown up" decisions we had to make. I have to say off the bat that it was totally his decision to sell the bike. Him having a sport motorcycle never worried me. The bike hardly got ridden and with doing house renovations, the extra money we knew we could get from it was a huge factor. My amazing hubby sacrificed something he adores for the bigger picture.


Ok, so this post sounds super sappy, I know. If you could have only seen D and I on the car ride home after dropping the bike off. We were feeling pretty sappy!


And then we reminded ourselves that it's just STUFF. We will have another bike someday. Maybe something a little more "grown up" :)




Speaking of feeling grown up, after 6 months of house renovations, we finally got our hardwood floor put it!!!! Funny how those things now excite me :)




Still lots of little things before the house is "done", like the base board trim and door trim, but it's finally coming together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't ever think I'd see the end :) Before and after pictures will be posted when everything is DONE :)



1 comment:

  1. Glad you found a new owner! Your house looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete