Monday, November 5, 2012

All natural Pumpkin Bars

In my book, Fall equals lots of edible pumpkin goodies! Oh, YUM! I was asked to make a pumpkin dessert of some sort for my dear friend Larissa's baby shower. My pinterest search resulted in this scrumptious, natural recipe!! Wow, were these bars good! 



Pumpkin Bars




PUMPKIN BARS
I doubled the recipe and made a cream cheese icing to plop on top . . .

Ingredients:
1/2 c. spelt flour (I used wheat flour)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
5 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 c. canned pumpkin (or cooked, pureed pumpkin)
2 tbsp. nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then add in wet. Spread mixture into an oiled 8x8 (9x13 if recipe is doubled) pan and cook for 20 minutes. Cream cheese frosting optional.


Enjoy!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment