Wednesday, October 12, 2011

long time no see . . . and Texas

I know it's been awhile! I apologize! I feel like I'm being stretched thin and oddly enough, I kinda like it! I like feeling busy (most of the time) - I tend to get more done when I have a full to do list. 

We just returned from a 5 day trip to Texas to visit my parents. AND here's the "cat out of the bag" - to look at housing, jobs and the general living of Texas. Yes, we are considering a move to Dallas, Texas in the near future. The main reason that draws us to Dallas is my parents, of course. Had they not moved there, I don't think I would ever consider Texas a possible place to live. But more than my parents, we found an amazing church that we connect with. A church that is where we are at and where we want to go spiritually.

When we tell people about this grand move, I know many think we are crazy. Why would Durrell leave his great job? Why would we sell our darling house that we just finished renovating?? Why would we leave family and friends behind?

and my questions is WHY NOT?


Durrell and I feel that life is too short to stay comfortable. Don't get me wrong - the thought of picking up everything and moving freaks me out at times! But when I think about staying where I'm at the rest of my life (location, job, spiritually etc.), I feel a restlessness well up inside me. I know some people can live in the same place and do the same thing all of their life - and there is nothing wrong with that! I guess Durrell and I are wired differently. 

And so, the adventure begins :) I'm so thankful that I have an amazing husband to walk with along this journey. Being married to my best friend makes life feel not so huge and scary. We're taking a day at a time, seeking God's direction for which path to take next. We know that if we don't do it, we'll always look back and say "what if".


So . . . a cute little house in New Holland will be up for sale come the beginning of the year or spring! :) Pass along the word :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment