Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Green Smoothies

Pineapple, pumpkin, spinach and flax seed smoothie


I'm obsessed with smoothies right now! With this hot weather, they're so filling and refreshing.
I struggle with incorporating raw veggies in my daily diet. I love steamed vegetables, but the raw ones don't appeal to me as much. It's much easier for me to grab fruit as a snack. Sooo I started blending my veggies and add a small amount of fruit! SO YUM! 

I know the green kind of looks gross. Babe said it looked disgusting, then he tried it. He liked it :)

I don't have a recipe at all. Whatever veggies or fruit I have in my fridge or freezer, I throw into my blender. And I don't have a fancy blender. Just a basic Oster. Almost all of my smoothies include spinach, flax seeds and some sort of fruit juice. Yesterday I threw in some carrots. I've done watermelon, spinach and mint leaves which is super refreshing! Avocado is great to add too. If you like, you can also add almond milk o r yogurt. Be creative!! If you make one that is to "veggie" tasting, add more fruit!. It's pretty hard to make a gross smoothie when you're using good, fresh fruits and vegetables. 

I would love to hear your smoothie recipes and concoctions! 

Happy blending!

-A





No comments:

Post a Comment